Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Yesterday, a neighbor told me that another neighbor's home had been broken into and robbed by four men, at least one of which had a gun.  Only two have been arrested, as far as I know.  Needless to say, I became a little fearful and quite prayerful for safety.  Then this morning, I read this psalm.  (Pause and think about what you just read each time you come to a "Selah.")

"Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man:  preserve me from the violent man; Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.  They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.  Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.  The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.  I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God:  hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.  O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.  Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked:  further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.  I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name:  the upright shall dwell in thy presence."  (Psalm 140:1-8, 12)

The LORD is my Shield (Psalm 3:3), my fortress and my deliverer (Psalm 18:2).  Hebrews 13:6 puts it this way:  "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

No comments:

Post a Comment