Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself:  the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not:  commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah." (Psalms 4:3-4)

There are several things in this verse that cause me to think. 

I like to decorate!!  In fact, I really love searching for ideas in magazines and on-line, in furniture and antique stores, pausing TV shows to see the background rooms, moving things around in the house to see how to make the vignettes better, looking at color swatches, fabrics, etc.  The first part of this verse reminds me of that process.  From time to time, I share ideas with others that ask for advice in decorating their homes, but I tend to save the best ideas for me, the ideas that I love.  In fact, I have a design notebook where I keep magazine pages, and a bag where I keep folders for each room in my house for ideas, paint swatches and pictures.  These are the best ideas because they speak to me, would solve a problem in my particular space, or perhaps are color combinations that evoke a positive response in me.  I see the first part of this verse in this light:  godly people speak to the Lord, evoke a positive response in Him, or perhaps are ready for His service, so He sets these people apart for Himself!!!!!!

He sets these godly people apart for Himself!!!  He keeps them back for Himself, much like people who are serving potluck to a church and save a piece of Ms. Johnnie's special cake back for themselves!!! 

Then there is the colon!!  It is a great little grammatical device that tells us that what is following speaks to what was just said, or it defines the first statement.  After the first statement in this verse, there is a colon, and what follows is this:  The LORD WILL HEAR THE CALL OF THE GODLY!!!!

Soooo.....  1) stand in awe of Him; 2) sin not; 3) make sure your own heart is right before Him in the privacy of your home; and 4) be still so you can hear Him and feel Him.  That is how it seems to me. 

I want Him to choose me!!!!  He has!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment